10.16.2006

narratives_of_incarceration_2


…if I could change the hands of time I would, but I'm sure everybody says that.
Eight years I've been on death row. There's no contact here. We don't get to touch.
The day before the execution you can have that one contact visit; that's it.
I've wanted to get my brother in a big bear hug... Its going to be nice…

…bothers me to be away from my family.
But I mean, this isn't the final journey
Like I say, I don't fear death, I'm not afraid of it. Gotta die some day.
I'm not really missing nothing…
What would I be doing now if I wasn't here? I have no idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adriana said...

*** Prisons… What is the image for our times? Do we seek a type of institutional normality – the prison blending into the city? Do we want austerity to express our condemnation of crime and disapproval of the criminal? Do we want to communicate these sentiments as homilies to the public and establish them as part of the daily life of the offender under punishment? Is there a belief that architecture can have a moral influence? Can it awaken the sensibilities of the atrophied, bring order to those whose experience of the world seem chaotic? With what certainty do we venture into design and construction as moral influence? Is this a speculation to far? ***

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home